- Why do I need the Port and ships?
- How do I buy a ship?
- Where do I get peaches (key limes, fish, etc.)?
- My ship only brought some types of island goods. Why?
- Can my ships bring more goods?
Why do I need the Port and ships in Township?
The Port is unlocked at level 29, at which point you need to restore it.
Once you reconstruct the Port, you can start trading with islanders. Send ships with coins and ingots to islands and receive exotic goods in return. Tap the Port to enter the island interface.
How do I buy a ship?
Ships can be bought in the Special section of the in-game store. The number of ships you can have is limited: 4 ships per town. You can buy ships once you reach certain population thresholds. Build more houses to unlock more ships.
Where do I get peaches (key limes, fish, etc.)?
You can only get fruit, vegetables, and seafood by trading with the islands once they unlock at level 29 and you restore the Port.
- Frutus Isle (unlocks at level 29): trades peaches, watermelons, and plums
- Olivia Isle (available for exploration at level 35): trades grapes, olives, and key limes
- Tropica Isle (available for exploration at level 41): trades bananas, coconuts, and pineapples
- Fishermen’s Isle (available for exploration at level 52): trades fish, shrimps, and lobsters
Your chances of getting different goods from the islands vary. However, you can load ingots onboard while preparing ships to boost your chances of receiving rare products and treasure chests. Ingots are twice as efficient when you use the Favorable Voyage booster at the Laboratory.
My ship only brought some types of island goods. Why?
Goods from the islands have different probabilities of being received. That is why your ship may not bring all of them. The higher the probability you’ll receive particular goods, the better your chances are that you’ll find them in the ship’s hold.
The round indicator for the item and its color show the probability you’ll receiving it:
– If the indicator is fully green, you will receive the product.
– If the indicator is light green or yellow, you will probably receive the product.
– If the indicator is orange or red, you will probably not receive the product.
Can my ships bring more goods?
Yes. Use ingots to boost your chances of receiving rare items from the islands. Simply add one when preparing a ship: the more valuable the ingot you use, the better your chances are of receiving more goods.
Ingots in Township also give you a better shot at treasure chests with rewards inside. The more valuable the ingot you use, the better your chances are of receiving a treasure chest (ships without ingots don’t come back with treasure chests).
Finally, don’t forget that you can temporarily improve ingot effectiveness when dispatching ships by activating the Favorable Voyage booster at the Lab.
You can up your chances of getting rare goods by upgrading the islands at the Academy of Industry as well.