- How do I get construction materials?
- Where can I find the tools I need to buy expansions?
- Why are some of the materials hard to get?
- How do I increase my population?
- How do I upgrade factories?
- How do I rearrange the buildings in my town?
- Can I hide buildings while editing my town?
- Can I remove buildings?
- How do I change the landscape and add roads in my town?
- How do I rename my town?
To construct buildings in your town, you need materials like Slabs, Red Paint, Nails, Hammers, Bricks, and Glass. There are a few ways to get them:
1. Send off trains loaded with goods. They come back with construction materials.
2. Make a habit of visiting the market. It has special deals on materials every once in a while.
3. Open treasure chests. They can be found in the mine or your friends’ towns, brought by ship from the islands, and earned as a reward for sending fully loaded airplanes.
4. Find treasure chests at sea. They start appearing at level 29 once you restore the Port, and they can be found around the islands once a day. If a chest is available, the game will automatically zoom in on its location.
5. Play at the House of Luck to win construction materials as prizes.
6. Take part in weekly regattas. You can get construction materials as rewards for strong finishes.
7. Use Township Cash to buy any materials you need.
Once you reach level 60, you’ll need special tools to finish constructing community buildings:
– Drills and Electric Saws starting from level 60.
– Jackhammers starting from level 62.
You can only get these tools at the Tool Exchange when you trade in construction materials.
You will need saws, shovels, and axes to free up space for new town expansions. There are several ways to get them:
1. Send out trains loaded with goods. Trains may bring you tools along with the usual construction materials.
2. Make sure to visit the market. It has special deals on tools every once in a while.
3. Open treasure chests. They can be found in the mine or your friends’ towns, brought by ships from the islands, and given as a reward for sending fully loaded airplanes.
4. Play at the House of Luck to win tools as prizes.
5. Take part in weekly regattas. You can get tools as rewards for strong finishes.
6. Use Township Cash to buy any tools you need.
Trains deliver materials randomly. However, since their in-game prices vary, some of the materials are brought more often than others.
If you’re missing some materials, open more chests, participate in regattas, and play at the House of Luck to better your chances of getting them as rewards and prizes.
You need to build more houses to increase your population.
Information about your town’s population can be found in the top left corner of the screen:
– Population is the number of residents living in your town at the moment.
– Population cap is the maximum number of residents that can live in your town at the moment, something that depends on the number of community buildings you’ve built at townspeople requests (you see those requests every time you unlock a new level).
You need to build the Academy of Industry to upgrade factories. Tap the Academy to open a window displaying the list of factories you can improve. These are the attributes you can upgrade using ingots:
– The income you earn by selling factory items at the helicopter pad.
– The number of experience points you get for producing items.
– Production time for goods (it decreases).
– The number of shelves you have available for finished items (you can get an extra shelf).
You can’t focus on upgrading just one attribute. Instead, you have to gradually improve all the different attributes to unlock the upgrades available at the Academy of Industry. Higher factory levels have more improvable attributes.
Different upgrade levels in Township require different numbers of ingots, which are produced at the Foundry.
Use Edit Mode. To open it for a specific building, just tap and hold that building, rotating or relocating it by tapping an empty spot in your town.
If you want to swap several buildings around or add more roads and pavement, you’ll need the town Edit Mode. To open it, tap the icon with green arrows in the bottom-left corner.
At level 10, you get access to temporary storage, which makes it easier to partially or completely redesign your town. Tap the box icon in Edit mode to use it.
1. Tap a building and then the arrow icon that appears below to move the building to temporary storage.
2. If you want to move all the buildings of one type to temporary storage at once, tap the blue button in the upper-left corner of the screen in any of the storage categories.
3. Use Erase Mode to move several different buildings to temporary storage. Move buildings and decorations just by tapping them. The Erase Mode button is in the upper-left corner of the screen.
4. Drag buildings from temporary storage to place them back in your town.
5. You can only save changes once you’ve put all the buildings back in your town, leaving just decorations in your temporary storage. The only exception is the town sign—it has to be set along with all the buildings before the changes can be saved.
Enter Edit Mode (the button is in the bottom left corner next to the Friends menu) and tap the transparent house icon (second from the right), at which point all your buildings will disappear.
This mode only shows you building symbols and decorations that don’t get in your way while editing landscape, roads, and fields.
Yes, but not all of them. You can only remove buildings from your town by selling them. That goes for:
– townspeople’s houses.
BEAR IN MIND that selling houses drops your town’s population by the number of people living in them. Also remember that sales cannot be undone.
You can’t sell:
– special buildings.
– community buildings you build after being requested to do so by townspeople.
Edit Mode unlocks at level 4. Tap the green arrow in the bottom left corner of the screen or choose a covering type in the Construction menu under the Decorations tab.
If you want to change landscape and add pavement:
1. Open Edit Mode and select a pavement or landscape type in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap the areas you want to modify, then tap the green button to confirm your changes.
Tap the Hammer in the menu to delete pavement. After that, tap the areas and confirm your action with the green button.
If you want to add roads:
1. Open Edit Mode and select a road type in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
2. Drag your finger over an area you want to lay road on. You’ll see little flags marking the beginning and end of the road: simply drag any of the flags to move the road or remove it from the chosen area.
3. Use the green button in Township to confirm your actions.
Tap the Hammer in the menu if you want to delete an existing road. Select the part of the road you want to remove and confirm your action with the green button.
You can rename your town using the town sign:
1. Find the sign with the current name of the town and tap it. It should be near the train station (unless you moved it somewhere else).
2. Tap the Pencil icon. Enter a new name for your town in the pop-up window.
3. Tap the Tick icon to save the new name.