Zombieland Double Tapper is an Idle RPG where you can collect heroes, form teams and send them on road trips to fight waves of zombies and earn loot! Multiple road trips can be explored at once if you have enough heroes, letting you expand your roster and be creative with discovering new items and new team synergies!
Heroes are Zombieland survivors! You can team them up and send them on road trips to fight zombies and get loot.
To get new heroes, summon them using sim cards. You get a free sim card every day!
Each sim card can award 10 common shards, 20 rare shards or 40 epic shards. You need 10 shards to unlock a hero and start playing with them, so every summon gives you a functional hero.
To improve your heroes, collect shards. When you have enough shards and tokens, you can evolve them from 1 star all the way to 7 stars. Each Evolve greatly increases your hero’s health and damage.
Heroes have three weapon slots – melee weapons (for close combat), primary weapons (normal ranged weapons) and power weapons (much stronger weapons that trigger automatically). Weapons increase damage; rare and epic weapons also have effects like slow, stun, critical hit etc.
Heroes also have three trinkets slots – protection, damage and special. Equip trinkets to increase your hero’s health; rare and epic trinkets also have various effects like increasing hero stats, accelerating game progression, etc.
What are Road Trips?
Road Trips are routes the heroes explore to unlock new destinations!
During a road trip, you will:
- Fight enemies, collect loot and upgrade your heroes
- Face off against various zombie waves, including boss and horde waves
- Progress by using gold to upgrade your heroes, equip the best weapons & trinkets and upgrade them.
Your heroes’ levels are reset when the road trip ends. During a new road trip, heroes start anew, but they keep their weapons and trinkets.
Road Trips give mission rewards you can claim during the road trip to make your progression easier: Gold, Scraps to upgrade weapons, Tin Foil to upgrade Trinkets, and more! Don’t forget to claim your rewards as soon as they become available and use them ASAP to always have the strongest team possible.
If you’re stuck and your heroes can’t beat a wave even if fully upgraded and equipped, don’t despair! Tap the Coffer icon in the upper left corner of the screen to open the Mission Rewards screen, then Cash In. Once back to the World Map, go to the Rules screen to find new rules or upgrade existing ones. Rules make all your heroes stronger!
If you still can’t beat a wave even with upgraded Rules, explore the secondary road trips, play Daily Missions to get more resources, and (really important!) summon new heroes and equipment to evolve your heroes and upgrade your weapons and trinkets!
To get new weapons, open equipment crates using keys:
Each key awards a single item – either weapon or trinket. You get a free key every day!
There are three main types of weapons, and each one fits in a specific slot in heroes’ inventory:
- Melee weapons (clubs, axes, swords, other heavy melee weapons) are used when zombies get close enough to the heroes.
- Primary weapons (handguns, dual handguns, rifles) are used to kill zombies from a distance.
- Power weapons (shotguns, SMGs, assault weapons) are a lot stronger than normal weapons, but have longer cooldowns. They trigger automatically when they’re ready to be used.
To upgrade your weapons, collect scraps. You can get scraps by completing missions during Road Trips.
Once fully upgraded, you can evolve your weapons using blueprints, from 1 star to 5 stars. Each Evolve greatly increases your weapons’ damage, and also makes your weapons’ effects more potent. Tap on the effect icons in the Weapon description popup to read about each available effect. Only rare and epic weapons have effects.
Unwanted weapons can be scrapped to get your scraps back.
To get new trinkets, open equipment crates using keys.
Each key awards a single item – either trinket or weapon. You get a free key every day!
All trinkets, even common ones, increase their owner’s health. Each hero can equip three trinkets, one of each type:
- PROTECTION trinkets help users survive longer during missions with effects like shield, dodge, heal, regen and others.
- COMBAT trinkets dish more damage onto unsuspecting zombies, with effects like damage increase, critical chance and critical damage increase, etc.
- SPECIAL trinkets speed up progression during missions, with effects like upgrade costs reduction, gold increase, skip wave chance, and more.
To upgrade your trinkets, collect tin foil. You can get tin foils by completing missions during Road Trips.
Once fully upgraded, you can evolve your trinkets using blueprints, from 1 star to 5 stars. Each Evolve greatly increases your trinkets’ bonuses, and also makes your trinkets’ effects more potent. Tap on the effect icons in the Trinket description popup to read about each available effect. Only rare and epic trinkets have effects.
Unwanted trinkets can be scrapped to get your tin foils back.
The map is where you can access everything the game has to offer:
- Road Trips in progress; if you see a red Zzz icon over the destination’s icon, it means your team needs help – tap the destination and start playing actively to progress further.
- Destinations for future road trips (both available and locked)
- Daily Missions
- Inventory screens for heroes, weapons, trinkets and rules
- The Shop, where a free item is available every day in the Marketplace