Here you’ll find the most common questions related to gameplay! It’s a good place to start if you’re a new detective!
- How do I unlock the next case?
- How do I unlock more Crime Scenes and progress in a Case?
- What is the Additional Investigation?
- What is Elite Mode?
- What is Energy and how do I get it?
- What are Coins and Cash for?
- What are Lucky Cards?
- What is the Daily Bonus?
- What are Hints? Why do some of my Teammates sometimes have less Hints?
- What are Boosters?
- What are Teammates good for?
- How do I get a Police Pet and what do they do?
- What is the Message Center?
- Why should I get all the Stars in a Case?
- Can Stars be transferred from one Case to another?
- What happens when I Level or Rank Up?
- What happens if I’m interrupted during a Crime Scene investigation?
- Why can’t I play Cases in Pacific Bay or the World Edition?
- How do I change my Avatar’s clothes and gender?
- What is the “Calm Down” effect? How do I get the “Relax” Trophy?
- Can I reset the game to start over from the beginning?
- I think I found a scam page or fake offer. How can I tell?
To progress to the next Case, you need to:
1. Complete any outstanding objectives listed in the “Tablet” view (you’ll find the “Tablet” icon in the bottom left corner of your screen).
2. Once you’ve accomplished all the investigation challenges (including the Additional Investigation), open the Tablet view and click the “Unlock” button
3. You will need 3 Reports to advance to the next Case. There are 3 ways to get Reports:
- Ask 3 Teammates or Facebook friends to send you Reports. If you’re playing on mobile, you must be connected to Facebook to access this feature.
- Wait 3 days and you will have enough reports for the next Case to unlock automatically.
- Instantly unlock the next case If you’re playing on Facebook, you can unlock the next Case with “Cash” (which is a purchasable item). If you’re playing on mobile you can purchase access directly.
- If you’re playing on Facebook, refresh your browser before checking for Reports to ensure that they load properly.
- If you’re playing on a mobile device, make sure you have a strong Internet connection so that you can be sure to receive all the Reports that your friends send you!
- Report requests expire 2 days after being sent.
To progress in a Case, you must accomplish the objectives listed in the “Tablet” view. To access this task list, click the “Tablet” button on the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
You will require Stars to fulfill certain missions (e.g. talking to suspects or playing evidence mini-games). You can earn Stars by playing Crime Scenes.
There are other tasks that merely require some time to complete, such as autopsies or lab analysis. While you are waiting, you can continue investigating Crime Scenes in order to earn more Stars. . If you don’t want to wait, you always have the option to complete a task instantly and progress in your investigation by purchasing an Instant Analysis.
As you complete the aforementioned tasks, more Crime Scenes will unlock and you’ll move along further in your investigation. If you ever feel you are blocked in a Case, please click on your “Tablet” to see if you have any outstanding tasks you can complete.
After arresting the killer, you’ll be asked to follow up with some of the characters associated with the murder you just solved. You may need to help or talk to them to gain some extra inside information!
You must complete a Case’s Additional Investigation in order to unlock the next Case (except in Case 1).
To complete the Additional Investigation, follow these steps:
1. After arresting the killer, open the “Tablet” to view your tasks, then click on “Unlock” to gain access to the Additional Investigation.
2. Carry out all the actions listed in the Tablet menu.
Each time you finish helping a character, they will reward you with either Coins, XP, a Burger or an Avatar Shop item.
Completing all the tasks in the Additional Investigation will earn you a Silver Medal!
In Elite Mode you can replay your favorite Cases and earn Bronze, Silver and Gold Rings in return. When you enter Elite Mode, Crime Scenes and mini-games will be tougher – challenging you to put your expert detective skills to the test! It also gives you the chance to earn even higher scores and prove that you’re the best detective out there!
Elite Mode becomes available once you finish the Additional investigation and complete all 45 Stars within a Case.
You can play Cases in Elite Mode concurrently with Cases in the regular playing mode, but you can only open a limited number of Cases in Elite Mode at a time. If you are unable to unlock additional Elite Mode Cases, it is because you need to arrest more killers and earn additional Bronze Rings.
Elite Mode is a challenge, but it also means that you can earn higher scores! If you beat a previous high score, then you and your Teammates will see a special Elite Mode laurel next to your name!
What are the Rings for?
Playing and completing Cases in Elite Mode will earn you Bronze, Silver and Gold Rings. Just as you earn Medals in the regular playing mode, you’ll earn a Bronze Ring for arresting the Killer, a Silver Ring for completing the Additional Investigation and a Gold Ring for completing all the Stars.
If you are able to attain all 3 Medals and all 3 Rings in a Case, congratulations – this means that you really are the best of the best!
Gold Rings also unlock special outfits in the Elite Avatar Shop. Once the Elite outfits are unlocked they can be purchased with Coins, and then equipped on your character like regular avatar items.
The first outfit will be unlocked once you have acquired 2 Gold Rings. To access the Elite Avatar Shop, first open the Avatar Shop, then click the “Elite Shop” button in the top right corner.
Energy is used in the game to investigate Crime Scenes. Here are the various ways that you can get Energy:
- Automatic refill: Your Energy Bar refills on its own! Once you have at least 20 Energy, you can start investigating again.
- Level Up refill: When you Level Up, your Energy bar will refill to 110.
- Daily Bonus: Claim your Daily Bonus at least 2 consecutive days to start earn Energy rewards.
- Purchase Energy Items: Need Energy right away? You can also purchase Energy Items. To do this, click the Energy bar at the top of the screen. If you’re playing on Facebook, you’ll first need to buy Cash to purchase Energy Items. If you’re playing on Mobile, you can purchase Energy Bundle packs directly.
- Fan Page gifts: Free gifts, including Energy, are offered every day on the Facebook Fan Page. Remember to “Like” the Fan Page to stay informed of all our offers!
- Friends’ gifts: Your Teammates can send you +2 Energy as a free gift. You also get +1 Energy every time they accept Energy from you. The more Teammates you have, the more Energy you receive!
- Promotion sharing: When your friends Level Up or Rank Up, they can share Orange Juice or Potato Chips on Facebook. Just click the “Claim Orange Juice” or “Claim Potato Chips” posts that appear in your Facebook News Feed. You can claim 3x Orange Juice and 1x Bag of Chips per day.
- Additional Investigation rewards: Some characters will reward you with Energy after you have helped them during the Additional Investigation.
- Extra Stars trading: Once you have finished the Additional Investigation, you can trade in your remaining Stars for Energy.
- Pets’ Lucky Finds: Some Pets can find Energy or Energy Items at the end of a Crime Scene Investigation.
How do I use Energy Items?
Once you have received Energy Items (Orange Juice, Potato Chips or Burgers), you can use them to get Energy at anytime.
Click on your Energy Bar to open your inventory. If you have any Energy Items in stock, choose the Item that you wish to consume by clicking the “Use” button.
What are Coins for?
Coins are an in-game currency that can be used to acquire special game items and features such as:
- Items to customize your Avatar
- Police Pets
Here are the various ways that you can earn Coins:
- Investigate a Crime Scene: The higher score you achieve in each Crime Scene investigation, the more Coins you gain!
- Purchase Coins: Click the Coin bar at the top of your screen. On the pop-up that appears, select the Coin pack that you wish to buy. Choose your payment method and click on “Continue”.
- Fan Page gifts: Twice a week, free Coins are posted on the Criminal Case Fan Page. Remember to “like” the Fan Page to be informed about daily Giveaways. 🙂
- Teammates can share Coins: When one of your Teammates advances in a Case, they may sometimes have the opportunity to share 1000 Coins with you. These shared Rewards will appear in your Facebook News Feed. (You can collect Coins in this manner 3 times per day for a total of 3000 Coins.)
- Lucky Card collections: Once you have a complete “Clubs” collection, you can trade it in for 500 Coins.
- Additional Investigation rewards: During Additional Investigations, you will have the opportunity to earn Coins by helping characters.
- Daily Bonus: Earn Coins by collecting your Daily Bonus.
- Progress in or complete a Chapter: Chapters are divided into several segments. Whenever you finish one of these segments or the entire chapter, you are rewarded with Coins.
What is Cash for?
Only available on the computer version of the game, Cash is an in-game currency that helps you advance faster in the game. You can use it to:
- Get Instant Analysis in the lab
- Get Reports to access a new Case
- Purchase Energy Items
- Adopt Premium Pets in the Police Pet Shops
How do you get Cash?
To purchase Cash:
- Click the Cash bar at the top of your game screen.
- Click “Buy” next to the Cash pack of your choice.
- A pop-up window will appear so you can select your payment method. Fill in the required payment information.
- Follow the instructions until you complete your purchase.
- If your Cash does not appear immediately, please reload the game.
- You cannot earn Cash by playing the game.
- There is no Cash option on the mobile app. Instead, you can purchase Energy Items, Reports, Instant Analysis and Pets directly. If you play on Facebook as well, you can continue to buy and use Cash as normal via a desktop computer.
Lucky Cards are gifts that can be traded in for Energy Items, XP or Coins. You can receive Lucky Cards in the following situations:
- A Teammate selects you as a Partner for a Crime Scene investigation and sends you a Card at the end of a stage
- Someone collects the Coins, Orange Juice or Chips that you shared on your Facebook Timeline and sends you a Card in return
- When Police Pets have the ability to find Lucky Cards at the end of an investigation
Once you have a complete collection of the same suit, you can trade it in! A complete Collection is composed of 5 cards: an Ace, a King, a Queen, a Jack and a “10.”
If you’ve completed a collection, a “New Collection!” bubble will appear next to the Lucky Cards icon on the Map screen. To trade it in, click the Card icon then click “Trade in” next to any Lucky Card series that is complete. Once traded in, the corresponding gift will be automatically credited to your inventory.
The Daily Bonus is a free gift you can receive everyday. To claim your Daily Bonus, click on the blue gift icon on the left side of the Map screen.
What you receive depends on the number of consecutive days you have played. You will either get Coins or Energy Items:
- Day 1: 1000x Coins
- Day 2: 10 Energy
- Day 3: 20 Energy
- Day 4: 5000x Coins
- Day 5: 50 Energy
If you continue to collect the Daily Bonus for more than five consecutive days, you will be awarded 50 Energy every day!
If you stop playing the game for a day, you will go back to the Day 1 bonus reward of 1000x Coins.
The daily cut off for collecting bonuses is 00:00 UTC. To calculate what this corresponds to in your local timezone,.
After 00:00 UCT, your Daily Bonus counter will reset to Day 1 if you haven’t claimed your bonus.
- I start playing Criminal Case for the first time on Day 1 and claim my Daily Bonus. I get 1000x Coins.
- I come back on Day 2 and claim my Daily Bonus. I get 10 Energy instead.
- On Day 3, I play Criminal Case but I forget to claim my Daily Bonus. I do not get anything.
- On Day 4, I remember to claim my Daily Bonus. I get 5000x Coins!
- I come back on Day 5 and also claim my Daily Bonus. I get 50 Energy.
- During 3 more days I come back everyday and claim my Daily Bonus. On Day 5, 6, 7 and 8, I get 50 Energy.
- Unfortunately I did not have time to play at all on Day 9. When I come back on Day 10 and claim my Daily Bonus, I get 1000x Coins.
The number of consecutive days you have claimed your Daily Bonus also determines how many Hints you will offer to your Teammates when they choose you as a Partner.
If you are stuck in the middle of a Crime Scene Investigation, you can use Hints to locate hidden objects.
Hints are provided by the Partner you have selected to investigate a Crime Scene. The number of Hints available (from 1 to 5) is visible on the Partner select screen and in the bottom right corner while investigating a Crime Scene.
To use a Hint during an investigation, click on your Partner’s Avatar in the bottom right corner. A hand will then appear, pointing towards one of the remaining objects to find.
- Use Hints when you are stuck and cannot find the last item(s) to complete a the Crime Scene.
- If you have used all the available Hints, the Hint circle will start to slowly refill until 1 Hint becomes available again.
- Every unused Hint at the end of the Scene will give you 20,000 additional points. You can thus get up to 100,000 extra points!
- You can investigate a Crime Scene and have 5 available Hints, even if your Partner has only 1 Hint to offer, thanks to the “5 Hints” Booster!
Why so some of my Partners have more or less Hints?
The number of Hints available to you during an investigation depends on the number of consecutive days your Partner has been playing Criminal Case.
If they remember to play the game for 5 straight days or more, they will have 5 Hints to offer! If they fail to play Criminal Case during one day, their Hint counter goes back to 1.
Likewise, if you play everyday, you will have more Hints to offer your Teammates. With more hints, your friend will be more likely to select you as a Partner, and the more often you are selected as a Partner, the more Lucky Cards you will receive (unless your Teammate chooses to skip this step).
Boosters are special power-ups that help you attain a high-score or find objects faster! They can be purchased with Coins on the “Select a Partner” screen just before launching a Crime Scene investigation.
There are 3 different Boosters:
- Instant Magnifier (costs 500 Coins): Instantly displays a preview of the hidden items in the Crime Scene when you hover your mouse over the item name (if you’re on a mobile device, just touch and hold your finger on the item name). This booster is not available for Differences and Puzzle Bonus Crime Scenes. TIP: Use an Instant Magnifier at the beginning of a Crime Scene to learn where all the objects are.
- 5 Hints (costs 1500 Coins): Play Crime Scenes with 5 Hints, no matter how many Hints your Partner has! If you don’t use all these Hints during your investigation, you’ll have a higher Hint Bonus Score. This booster is best utilized when your Partner has only a few Hints to offer. If your Partner already has 5 Hints available, this booster will not be deducted from your inventory.
- x6 Combo Starter (costs 3000 Coins): Start Crime Scenes with a completely filled out Combo Bar. Use it to increase your score!
- Boosters automatically unlock when you reach Level 5.
- You can use several different boosters at the same time.
- Boosters are for instant use. You cannot save them for later.
- If you’re playing on your computer and you make a mistake when purchasing boosters, close the game before clicking “Play!”. When you reload the game your Coins will have returned to your inventory.
Having Teammates can have a positive effect on your game success! Here are some of the things they can help you with:
Assist you in Crime Scenes
Partner up with a Teammate when you enter a Crime Scene. If they have played 5 or more days in a row, they will offer you a full 5 Hints to help you find Items faster and get a higher score!
At the end of the round, you get the opportunity to send them a Lucky Card in thanks for their help. If they choose you as a partner in their game, they may send you a Lucky Card as well.
Fill out Reports
Teammates can send you 3 Reports to unlock your next Case. To take advantage of this, you first need to send out Report requests to your friends.
Send you Energy
Teammates can send you +2 Energy as a daily free gift. You also get +1 Energy every time they accept Energy from you. The more Teammates you have, the more Energy you receive!
Why should I get a Police Pet?
Police Pets can help you find items (Orange Juice, Energy, Coins, Lucky Cards) called “Lucky Finds” at the end of Crime Scene investigations.
The Lucky Find you get depends on the Special Skills of the pets you’ve adopted. For example, the German Shepherd can either find 1000 Coins or a Lucky Card, while the King Charles Spaniel will either find 15 XP or a Lucky Card.
How do I get a Police Pet?
There is a Police Pet Shop in each District of Grimsborough, Pacific Bay and the World Edition. You can access Police Pet Shops in previous Districts; you are not restricted to your current District. Also, Pets are not limited to the District where you have adopted them – they can accompany you to any District and Case!
To unlock Police Pet Shops, you will need Gold Medals. You earn Gold Medals by completing all 45/45 Stars in a Case. The Gold Medals that you earn are only valid to unlock Pet Shops in the City in which you earned them (e.g. Gold Medals earned in Grimsborough will not count towards unlocking Pet Shops in Pacific Bay).
Most Dogs can be purchased with Coins, but premium Pets can only be bought with game Cash (on Facebook) or via direct purchase (on the mobile app).
Adopting a Pet
Once you have the required amount of Gold Medals to unlock the Pet Shop, go to the Map view and click on the “Dog” icon in any District you have access to. Choose the pet you want and click “Adopt.”
Equipping a Pet
Equipping a Pet means that it will accompany you during all future Crime Scene Investigations until you decide to unequip it.
To equip a Pet or change from one Pet to another, open the Map view and click on the “Dog Bowl” icon. The “Dog House” appears. Click on the green arrows on each side of the pop-up to select the Pet you want, then click the “Equip” button.
How do I make my Police Pet evolve?
Making your Pet evolve will improve its Special Skill, increasing your probability of getting Lucky Finds! Once you have adopted one or more Pets, you will be able to evolve them by increasing their Loyalty.
The progression of your Pet’s Loyalty can be followed by checking the Loyalty bar in the Dog House.
You can increase your Pet’s level of Loyalty by feeding it. To do this, click on the “Dog bowl” icon visible in Map view. Use the green arrows to select the Pet you want to feed. Choose food for your Pet:
- The Bone gives 1 Loyalty point and is consumed in 5 minutes
- The Fish gives 5 Loyalty points and is consumed in 4 hours
- The Chicken wing gives 10 Loyalty points and is consumed in 12 hours
- The Ham gives 10 Loyalty points and is consumed instantly (this is a purchasable, premium Pet food)
Once your Pet has finished its meal, you can immediately feed it again!
- Bones are the best food to give to your Pets while you are playing, as you can go back and feed them often and easily.
- The Chicken wing is the best food to give to your Pet before going to sleep, as it takes longer for your Pet to finish it.
- A Pet can eat Ham while it is eating something else.
- Nothing bad will happen to your Pet if you forget to feed it. 🙂
Your Police Pet Can Level Up
When your Pet’s Loyalty bar is full, it will gain a Loyalty level and its abilities will improve.
In addition, your Pet will grow up when it reaches the 3rd and 5th Loyalty levels, getting a new appearance! Once it reaches Loyalty level 5, your Pet has reached its highest Loyalty level and cannot improve its Special Skill any further.
In the Message Center you can find requests and gifts that your Teammates have sent you.
You can access your Message Center by clicking the Envelope icon on the left side of the Map screen.
If you’re playing on mobile, you must first connect to Facebook in order to receive messages that your Teammates send you.
There are 4 different types of messages: Teammates requests, Reports requests, Energy gifts and Thank You gifts.
The messages in your inbox will be ordered according to their type. The number of messages you can receive varies according to the type of message. Once you reach the inbox limit for a particular type of message, all additional incoming messages of that type will automatically be deleted. All messages remain active for 3 days. They are automatically deleted if you do not accept them before their expiration date.
The messages are ordered as follows:
1. Teammate requests
2. Report requests
3. Energy gifts (+2 Energy)
4. Thank You gifts (+1 Energy and Lucky Cards)
If you’re playing on Facebook (computer version) there is a limit to how many messages can be displayed at one time. Once you have accepted the all visible messages, you may need to reload your Message Center to display more messages
There are two benefits to earning all Stars in a Case:
- You earn a Gold Medal. Gold Medals enable you to unlock the Police Pet Shops!
Furthermore, the Gold Medal gives you access to replay the Case in Elite Mode.
- Once you have arrested the killer and completed the Additional Investigation, you can trade your Stars for extra Energy.
Earning the Gold Medal
In every Case, you can earn a Gold Medal. To do so, you need to complete 3 steps:
- Get the Bronze Medal by arresting the killer.
- Get the Silver Medal by completing the Additional Investigations.
- Get the Gold Medal by earning all 45 Stars in a Case. This means filling all 5 Stars in each of the 9 Crime Scenes. (Note: Case 1 only has 15 Stars, and Case 2 only has 30 Stars.)
Trade your Stars for extra Energy Items
In each Case (except Case 1 and 2) there are 45 Stars to earn. You need 36 Stars to perform all the actions in a Case, meaning you can continue earning up to 9 extra Stars at the end of a Case. You can trade those extra Stars for Energy Items!
As soon as you finish all required tasks in any given Case, you will have the option to trade in your Stars in the Tablet menu. Once you have earned enough Stars, click the “Buy for” button next to the Energy Item of your choice.
No, Stars cannot be transferred from one Case to another. They have to be used in the Case they were earned in.
But even though Stars don’t roll over to the next Case, they are still useful! After completing the Additional Investigation segment of a Case, you can trade in your remaining Stars for Energy Items!
As you progress in the game, you will earn XP points. You can keep track of how many XP points you have by having a look at the blue bar on the top left of your game screen. As you gain more XP points, you will Level Up (e.g. from Level 2 to 3, from Level 3 to 4). This is what happens when you do:
1. Your Energy bar is refilled to 110 Energy
For example, if you have 70 Energy points when you Level Up, you will gain 40 new Energy points (for a total of 110 Energy points). However, if you have more than 110 Energy points when you Level Up, you will not lose any of it but you won’t gain any either.
Keep an eye on your XP bar and always try to use up your Energy before you are about to Level Up. Strategically consume (or rather, don’t consume!) your Energy Items before a Level Up in order to make the most of them.
2. You can share an Orange Juice with your friends
Each time you Level Up, you will have an opportunity to share free Orange Juice with your friends on Facebook. It will appear as a post in your friends’ Facebook News Feeds. They simply need to click on the post to claim it! When they do, they will be given the option to send you a Lucky Card in return. Win-win! (If you’re a mobile user, you must be Facebook connected and have Internet to take advantage of this feature.)
Please note that you do not get an Orange Juice when you Level Up; only your friends can receive it. However they will be grateful and hopefully return the favor when they get a chance.
3. You unlock new Avatar items
Every time you Level Up (after the first 3 Levels) you will unlock new Avatar Items! They will be available for purchase in the Avatar Shop so that you can further customize your Avatar.
When you reach a new Rank:
Sometimes when you Level Up, you also reach a new Rank (e.g. Deputy). When this happens, in addition to getting the opportunity to share free Orange Juice on Facebook, you have the opportunity to share free Potato Chips with your friends.
There are currently 17 Rank Ups and they occur when you reach the following Levels:
- Level 1: Officer
- Level 5: Deputy
- Level 12: Detective
- Level 20: Corporal
- Level 32: Sergeant
- Level 45: Lieutenant
- Level 60: Captain
- Level 75: Major
- Level 100: Inspector
- Level 125: Lead Inspector
- Level 150: Commander
- Level 175: Deputy Chief
- Level 200: Commissioner
- Level 250: Sheriff
- Level 300: Ranger
- Level 350: Marshal
- Level 400: Senior Trooper
- Level 500: General
- Level 600: Secret Agent
You’re playing on a computer:
If, for whatever reason, you need to quit or refresh your browser in the middle of a Crime Scene investigation, you will be given two options when you reload the game:
- Abandon the Crime Scene
- Resume the Crime Scene
When you abandon a Crime Scene:
- The 20 Energy you used to enter the Crime Scene are not restored
- If you were using Boosters before the page was refreshed, these Boosters are considered used and are not restored to your inventory
When you resume a Crime Scene:
- You can play the Crime Scene investigation that you began
- The time counter displays an infinity symbol and you will not be able to benefit from any Time Bonus
- If you were using Boosters before the page was refreshed, these Boosters are considered used and are not restored to your inventory
- Your previous Partner becomes unavailable and is replaced by Jones
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Please note this is not a bug and is necessary for technical reasons.
You’re playing on a mobile device:
When the app is shut down during a Crime Scene investigation (e.g. force closed or your battery runs out):
- You are unable to continue your interrupted Crime Scene investigation
- The 20 Energy you used to enter the Crime Scene are not restored
- If you were using Boosters, these Boosters are considered used and are not restored to your inventory
When you have been interrupted during a Crime Scene investigation (e.g. phone call or text message):
- You are able to return to your Crime Scene investigation and continue where you left off
- The time counter will keep running during your absence
As the story line is linear, in order for you to play in a new city, you will have to solve all the Cases in your current city. That means, after you have solved the last Case in Grimsborough, the story will take you to Pacific Bay. If you then have solved all Cases in Pacific Bay, you will be asked to investigate in the World Edition!
Keep investigating and following the story – there are always new adventures ahead!
Customize your Avatar:
Customizing your Avatar with different outfits, hairstyles and faces is a fun way to create an original avatar to show off to your Teammates! 🙂 Switch it up as often as you like!
How to customize your Avatar:
- Click the Blue T-shirt icon on the Map screen
- Use the tabs to select one of the 4 categories: Clothes, Accessories, Hair or Face
- Click on the various Items to get a preview of what they’ll look like on your Avatar
- When you find an Avatar Item that you like, click the “Buy” button below the Item (if it’s already in your Inventory, skip to step 6)
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the purchase of the Item with Coins
- “Equip” / “Unequip” the Items you own to customize your Avatar as you wish
Please note that after trying on or buying an Avatar Item, you must click “equip” underneath the item in order to “wear” it.
If you’re playing on a mobile device, we also recommend increasing your game XP (by playing a Crime Scene) after changing your Avatar in order to save and synchronize any changes you make (this is because synchronization is based off of your highest XP value).
Change your Avatar’s gender:
You can also change your Avatar’s gender. If you do this, please note that you will not get the corresponding gender equivalent Items of those you had earned or bought for the other gender. However if you change your gender back again, you will recover all the Items you had previously bought.
In other words, you can be rewarded or buy Items for both genders, but those Items will be exclusively available for the gender that you bought them for.
How to change your Avatar’s gender:
- Click the Blue T-shirt icon on the Map screen
- Click the “Change Gender” button
- A pop-up will appear asking you if you really want to change your Avatar’s gender for 1500 Coins – click the “Confirm” button
What is the “Calm Down” effect?
The “Calm Down” effect is a 3 second time penalty for multiple and quick misclicking (that is to say, clicking on incorrect items or on the background). When this happens, officer Jones will appear to tell you, “We need to calm down” and you will be blocked from further clicks for 3 seconds.
How do I get the “Relax” Trophy?
To earn the “Relax” Trophy, you need to receive the “Calm Down” effect at least 5 times. To get all 5 “Relax” Trophies you need “Calm Down” at least 50 times.
No, unfortunately it is not possible to reset the game.
If you really want to restart from the beginning, you can play Criminal Case on another Facebook account. However, before doing so, please take time to review Facebook’s policy regarding personal accounts: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms.
If you’re playing on the mobile app, and you’re NOT Facebook connected, you can uninstall and reinstall your app to reset your progress. Please note that this cannot be undone!
Even though we are actively fighting against scams, you may see some malicious messages or links appear in users’ comments below our daily posts on the official Criminal Case Fan Page.
These links will redirect you toward scam pages with unrealistic offers that claim to give free in-game Items (Burgers, Energy, Cash, Coins…). These pages will often ask you to “like,” comment, post and/or share something in order to receive a free reward.
You will never receive anything that way, and we recommend that you never take any of the aforementioned actions. Doing so will only end up spreading the scam comments and messages even more.
The only links that offer you free in-game Items are the following:
- Your friends’ Reward shares (Orange Juice, Potato Chips or Coins) that appear in your Facebook Newsfeed.
- Links appearing in official posts on the Criminal Case Fan Page. We will never ask you to share or comment in order to get a reward, but feel free to do so if you want!
- Reward links that look like one of the the following examples:
As identified by the blue “check” badge, the Criminal Case Fan Page is the only Facebook “Verified Page” about the game.